March 16, 2020 – The impact of the coronavirus (Covid-19) is being felt globally with the virus progressing in many new locations. Our heart goes out to all those who have been affected by this pandemic. In these uncertain times, we wanted to inform you what we are doing here at Alivi to support our clients and their members. As the situation around the novel coronavirus continues to evolve, we are doing everything we can to ensure passenger travel safety and provide maximum flexibility.
Here are some of the steps we are taking:
Closely Monitoring and Taking Action
We have activated our Crisis Management Team to continuously monitor the pandemic, providing around-the-clock communication and readiness to act swiftly should the need arise.
Please visit the following links to the CDC and WHO to stay informed and help with prevention.
As it has always been, the safety and security of our health plan members and team members, including our provider partners, remains our highest priority. We take great pride in maintaining the highest standards of safety. Our professional and courteous provider partners are receiving ongoing briefings and enhanced operational protocols. We have communicated all instructions provided by WHO and CDC. In response to the coronavirus, we have taken additional measures.
NEMT Passenger Travel Safety
We have required our transportation partners to:
- Disinfect all vehicles after each transport
- Place antibacterial hand sanitizers in all vehicles
- Not transport passengers with Covid-19 symptoms
- Suspend all drivers showing Covid-19 symptoms
Ancillary Member Safety
We have required our ancillary provider partners to:
- Disinfect all locations and facilities twice daily
- Place antibacterial hand sanitizers throughout their locations and facilities
- Not schedule appointments for those with Covid-19 symptoms
New NEMT Trip Reservations
We remain committed to offering passengers flexible NEMT trip booking options. Given these unique circumstances we are making additional adjustments to our individual booking policies to give you extra peace of mind:
- Contact Center. Our contact center will remain open the normal hours of operation to ensure non-emergency medical transportation trips can be scheduled.
- Logistics. Our logistics team will continue monitoring active trips to ensure all passengers arrive safely and on time to their medical appointments as well as their return ride home.
- AliviRide Platform. Our technology is advanced and cloud-based which means it will always be available to easily schedule a non-emergency medical transportation trip.
At Alivi, we exist because we value people and want all to enjoy a better quality of life. It’s in challenging times like these that our reason for existence is needed most of all. Whether you are a passenger on a NEMT trip or a patient at one of our ancillary doctor locations, our team members are ready to assist you because we care.
We’ll continue to keep you updated with any new information or changes, but if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to reach out.